So excited for your session!!
It’s really important to try and stick to this prior to your session – especially if your baby is older than 2 weeks old. Following this guide will ensure a smooth and stress-free photoshoot session for all involved!
- Try to keep baby awake for 1-2 hours before the session if possible to ensure they are sleepy for your photos. Please try to do this even if you’re trying to establish a routine – I know it can be difficult to break, but it will ensure we spend less time trying to get baby to sleep in the studio!
- Dress the baby in loose clothing to avoid any lines in their skin – a sleepsuit or vest is great.
- Try to feed your baby before you leave to come to us. A full belly makes life easier!
- Please bring a dummy if your baby uses one – even if they only occasionally use it
- Please bring along extra bottles, if you are bottle feeding (or expressing) and be prepared to breastfeed more often if applicable. Babies tend to fuss and feed a lot more than they normally would when in the studio due to the heat, nakedness and moving them about!
- Please try to be flexible with feeding times during the shoot – this will ensure baby is full and happy and we can achieve all the poses you would like. I understand the importance of trying to establish a routine with your new baby, however being flexible with feeding times will help get the best photos.
- If you have older siblings that you would like photographed with your newborn we will do these photos first. Cream, or white is recommended for older siblings (tops with jeans or dresses for girls). They’ll be barefoot, so no need to look for clean shoes.
- Due to the nature of the session we ask that your partner/family member take the older siblings home or out for something fun to do while I finish up with the individual newborn photos – they can get bored in the warm and quiet studio!
- If you see something you like in any of my galleries, be sure to mention it before your session.
- Parents – the studio will be very warm so please dress in layers! I’m used to the heat however it can be a bit much for some!
- Please note I don’t have any official “changing facilities” I have changing mats and a lot of blankets and beanbags, but please feel free to bring whatever you’d like to make changing easier.
- Be sure to have filled in your questionnaire ahead of the session
- Most importantly, relax. You as the parents won’t have to do anything at your session (except maybe pose for a photo if you feel like it!) Your little one is in safe hands, and I actively encourage parents to nap on my sofa!!